Sunday, December 16, 2012

2013: Expecting God's reward

Two weeks to go and we'll finally say "goodbye" to 2012 and "hello" to 2013. And I thank the Lord for the a wonderful 2012 I am having. I'd say that this year had been a great transition to my being intimate with God. This has been the fulfillment of those I longed for in 2011. 

Ministry
  By God's grace I was able to join Epraise last year and this year was a fulfillment of my prayers. I only longed to sing in a wake but God made me sing in the overflow during Sunday morning services and sing for special church celebrations. It's indeed a blessing and honor to serve God as in return I gained more friends, free GLC 2 sessions (hope to still enroll next year) and grew closer and got more intimate with Him.

Care group
   Indeed, God uses even bad situations for His glory. After a bad call I had, I met a fellow believer in the locker room and chat a bit. That's when we first thought of meeting with another believer and talk about God and study His word. By God's grace, the group grew from three members to six. God willing, will continue to meet despite our different schedules til God's coming (yeah! amen!). through our care group, I learned more about Him, His love, accountability meant on a body system perspective and gained more friends. 

Baptism
  Yes Lord! Finally, I was baptized last Nov 25 during B1G 8 Singles Retreat. It was a prayerful journey. After my baptism class last year, it had been my desire to publicly declare that I am God's and Jesus Christ follower. God indeed made a way for me (will post in the future). God, I AM is yours!

Relationship
   I thank God that the church I go to is very intentional in teaching God's word especially in developing intimate relationship with God. Through this year's series, I learned a lot about my faith and relationship with God. I guess this is what true love really meant. Every day is a day of blessing and struggle (to stand up for Jesus's teachings). And each day, by God's grace, I am triumphant through Jesus Christ who overcame the world. God has always been gracious in allowing me to experience how it's like to have a husband through Him. (Never felt sooo "kilig" than His moves on me.)

I confess, my 2012 with God had not been easy. There were really tough times. Struggles. Pruning. Crying. Wrestling. There would be times that I can't help but cry while saying "Lord, ang hirap naman magpaka-kristyano!"  And this year I learned three things: (1) Ask God to reveal Himself to you and you will know Him as you never did before (2) Trust in God's word and promises (3) Complete obedience. 

My prayer is that for the year to come, God will continue to reveal Himself to me and be with me as I run the race until I see Him face to face. May He continue to graciously give me wisdom to discern His will; teachable, humble and courageous heart; utmost desire to follow and obey His Word and be used in full for His glory. And each day that I encounter difficulty, I pray that He remind me that this is part of his wonderful plan for me to prosper and that the more difficult things get, the greater the reward for His glory. It had been my utmost desire to be married to a godly man, if He wills it (though I know in my heart it will happen), but until He says so, I would like to learn how to fall in love with Him deeply. In Jesus' name, my savior, I ask.



No comments: