Monday, July 09, 2012

The Joy of being used by God

I miss my girlfriends. Growing up together and now seeing them one by one getting married and having kids is a joyful sight to see. Of course, I'm all for their happiness in life but there will be times that I will feel like, "Okay so another got married/gave birth, God when's my time?" Hehe! Just kidding, will get to that on another entry but this post about being used by God.

I thank God for my wide support group. I have sisters from my ministry, dgroup then my different sets of friends. So whenever I encounter testing of my faith it works both ways. I have a support group during the testing time then I share to them when it's over. And today (July 8, 2012 supposed to be), it's a time for me to share. Folks, this is harvesting of the fruits yeah!

It was our good friend's daughter's christening. I was stuck in my household chores so I got there when everybody's done eating. We weren't able to bond as we used to because our friend has to go home for family matters. So the three of us (we are 8 in our group) who came decided to hang out on a nearby mall. Found a spot in a donuts store and started are usual catch up time. As usual, the talkative me initiated the round. Probably I have this gift of talking with animation that usually people around me have no choice but to give me a chance to talk and talk. hehe! I started sharing my experiences on how God was in control of my life for the past weeks. I was just blessed by their responses. When I started my walk with God, I was very eager to know if people noticed the changed. I was once frustrated when I ask people but tell me that they haven't noticed anything. I was very impatient of the change in my life. And now that all I care about is to be intimate with Him that I receive unexpected responses that I longed to hear. Blessing it is!  And when I come to think of it, I'm not even worthy of those responses because it's only by God's grace that I was able to change. If it's just my own doing, I won't even get close to whom they see.


Then they shared their struggles and how God had also been talking to them too. God! That time was just priceless! Experiencing God's presence is a blessing already but listening to your friends sharing their personal encounter of God's presence is awesome. Was really blessed that after all these years we all had one thing in common, GOD. More than the coffee and glazed donuts that moment when we were just there talking about God and what He had been doing in our lives is beyond words can describe. "So encourage each other and build each other up just as you are already doing," 1 Thessalonians 5:11.

We ended praying for each other and encouraging one another not only in our faith but also in our personal concerns. God is indeed an awesome God! 

"Always be joyful.  Never stop praying.  Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thess 5:16-18


I don't know to you. Perhaps my description of it was not that graphical enough for one to grasp the picture of God's wonderful blessing to me and my friends but I pray that God touches your heart too and someday, God willing, will experience first hand what I'm trying my best to describe.  My prayer is that may God continue to guide us in our faith. And that whatever circumstances there maybe that we encourage each other so that we will all finish well and continue our bonding in heaven. And I pray that more and more people will come to know God, 'cause it's really a wonderful experience to be part of God's heavenly family. All for Jesus! To God be the glory!


No comments: