Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Relationships

At the beginning of each year, our church pray and fast.  This is not new to me because I used to do this before only that I abstain from meat. But for the last two years, as I finished fasting, I realized that God answered my prayers in His time.

Like any other families, ours is not perfect. We love each other but at times we hurt each other too. In the Philippines, we have a huge kind of family which includes cousins, aunts, uncles and grand parents (extended family). We had encountered challenges but there was a huge one that tested everyone's character and lasted for more than a year of not talking and hurting. I knew I was part of that problem. As I accepted Jesus in my life, the Lord (as He is the author of relationships) convicted me about my relationships. " A new command I give you: Love one another. As I loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35 NIV. So I prayed and fasted about it. And indeed, God answers prayers in His time.

Late last year one of my cousins and I had chatted online. And when she came back we bond. And by God's grace, little by little, we are once again renewing the relationship we almost lost. This morning, I found myself tagged on one of our pictures taken during our aunt's surprise party last Saturday with a description " Cousins are friend forever". Awww! That's just sweet. She even made it her facebook cover. And I praise God for the wonders that He is continuously doing in our lives.

During our aunt's suprise party. Left to right: Charmagne, Jhandi, Kristine, Ronald, me and Bernard.
, My prayer is that may God continue to work on our lives. And like what He has done in my faith, may he also touch each and everyone's heart in our family so that they may also accept Jesus as their personal savior. And He keep us healthy and free from harm.

To God be all the glory!

No comments: