Sunday, April 29, 2012

Having THIS kind of relationship is ...


I was somewhat losing hope two days ago about raising the fund. My supposedly source of money had not been replying, next week will be May and then June. I blurted out to my office friend that I'm about to lose hope. When I got home the day after, I had my quiet time. I turned to Romans as it was where I stopped. Then God spoke to me through Chapter 8: Future Glory (NLT version):



 "We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope[a] for it. But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)" Romans 8: 24-25 NLT.


Suddenly, I was reminded of who God is. Yes. I have one GOD who created the universe and provided everything for everyone, believer or not. And now that I had accepted Jesus in my life, I am saved. And because I am saved, there is only ONE GOD that I am putting my trust. I must wait patiently and confidently.  


I thank God for reminding me about the story of Gideon. God commanded Gideon to fight with only 300 men using clay pots, trumpets  and torches against thousands of armed Median and won (Judges 7:7-22). I know that God's promises are faithful.  And with confidence, I will patiently hope for his blessings.

No comments: