Friday, April 06, 2012

The Good Friday

One of the downsides of being a call center agent is you get to spend less with your family. Aside from your schedule is most of the time opposite from theirs, you rarely have offs on holidays. Holidays such as holy week. And I'm one of those "unfortunates" spending it at work and making money. :)

On the brighter side, we get to enjoy double pays and perks at work like long avail time, less crowded EDSA etc. Still, had I not been planning for something this year, I'd rather be with my family. But that's another post.

Semana Santa has not been good for me so far, in my perspective. Start of the work week, I lost my headset and until now nobody has been returning it. On the other hand, I had not been getting better phone connections which doesn't make a good impressions on my callers especially when the call gets surveyed. Wednesday, I wasn't able to attend choir practice because of heavy traffic as still many people are either home bound or beach bound. Thursday, not much jeepneys so I took the taxi thereby adding to my expenses. And now, Good Friday on my way home, hold-up was just in front of me.

I rode a jeepney bound to SM Fairview in Cubao. When we passed Aurora Boulevard, there were many people who loaded the jeep and one of them was relatively old guy, around 40 something may be, filthy and drunk took a seat almost next to me near the door (from my left next to me was an old woman and then him). Most of the passengers are women and young adults and we were just relaxed. I was even reading my notes in Spanish written in my "In His Presence" notebook. When the jeep was about to turn left from Cambridge, the man took out his kitchen knife from somewhere, pointing it to the young man in front of him, "Para wag na tayong magkagulu-gulo ibigay mo na lang yan sa akin. Bilis!" The young man had no choice but gave in to the man's command as the latter kept the knife pointed to him. As for us, we were surprised and left clueless of what's going on. After the man left, that's when we found out that they weren't together and hold-up just happened right before our eyes. Just like that.

As I walked home, I realized that God indeed protected me. I was just a seat away from the man and God didn't allow him to sit beside me. I mean, what are the chances?

Thank You Lord. It was a confirmation that you wanted me to be their in your sanctuary. You are an awesome God!



No comments: